A tornado hit Washington Illinois on a Sunday morning two and a half weeks ago. We were all at church which was a huge blessing. We didn't have much damage to our house(just a little roof and siding damage). Other houses weren't so lucky. I was so grateful for our 72 hour kit! although there are a couple more things I want to put in it now:)
This is just around the corner from our house. Houses are flat down the block.
We didn't have electricity, gas, or water for a couple days. So we all slept together.
The next night we slept in the tent. It was so warm! When we got out of the tent in the morning, it was in the 50's. We decided to take up our friends offer to stay with them until our utilities came back on.
Emily was nice to babysit so I could go out with Craig an help with clean up. It was pretty cold, but we still enjoyed helping. The guys help multiple more days. Everyone here has been so nice and so giving of their time and everything else. We have been so blessed!
These first two pictures are of Craig helping our friends put up a wall and cover the roof to protect our friends house. The others are of people in our ward helping clean up around town. Doug and Lucinda also came down to help and have Thanksgiving with us and the Hancocks. I wish I would have gotten some pictures while they were here! Thanks for your help!


Yes, those are Alyssa's pants. Thanks for sparing some!
We are still on boil order because our water lines connect with the damaged area. It hasn't seemed like a big deal since Doug and Lucinda let us borrow their large water purifier from when they lived in India. Thank you!
Our favorite tree is gone, but we are so grateful to be safe and have a house!







So glad you are safe, have clean water to drink and great friends to keep you warm. I'm sure your helping hands have given hope to those who lost their homes.
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys are okay!
ReplyDelete